Los Angeles, California


Los Angeles E Visa Lawyers

Promoting foreign investment and trade

The U.S. government supports foreign trade and investment in the country by issuing E visas to individuals who are engaged in these activities. Only nationals of treaty countries—that maintain commerce and navigation treaties with the United States — qualify for E-1 or E-2 visas.

Seek the advice of Los Angeles immigration attorneys who combine legal and financial insight to developing a strong foundation from which to launch a successful United States based enterprise.

Nonimmigrant intent and authorized period of stay

Treaty investor and treaty trade visas are initially issued for a maximum of two years, with unlimited extensions of stays granted in two year increments. However, you must maintain nonimmigrant intent — meaning you plan to depart the United States upon expiration of your status.

Engage in international trade in Los Angeles: E-1 visas

The treaty trader classification allows eligible foreign nationals to enter the United States for the purpose of carrying on international trade. To qualify, you must:

  • Be a national of a treaty country
  • Engage in substantial trade
  • Conduct principal trade — of more than 50 percent — between the treaty country and the United States

Although a minimum monetary value or volume is not required, substantial trade must involve the continuous flow of numerous sizable transactions.

Invest in Los Angeles: E-2 visas

The treaty investor classification admits into the United States eligible foreign nationals who have invested a substantial amount of money in a U.S. business. To qualify, you must:

  • Be a national of a treaty country
  • Invest a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise that is located in the United States
  • Enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise through either at least 50 percent ownership or operational control of the business

A company that generates only enough profit to sustain a minimal standard of living for the investor may be considered marginal and may not meet the standards for a bona fide enterprise. To overcome this issue, your new enterprises work with your lawyer to develop a clear business plan that reflects its capacity for generating income within five years and American jobs.

Employees and family members

Employees may also qualify for an E visa if of the same nationality as the principle alien and they are performing executive, supervisory or special duties. Spouses and unmarried children can apply to accompany an E visa holder, and spouses can seek work authorization.

Contact an immigration attorney in Los Angeles for a free consultation

Call 323-391-3932 or use the online contact form for assistance with your immigration case from a qualified lawyer near you.

Los Angeles E Visa Lawyers

The U.S. government issues E visas to people involved in foreign trade and investment. Only nationals of treaty countries qualify for E-1 or E-2 visas.

Seek the advice of Los Angeles immigration attorneys regarding:

  • Nonimmigrant intent and authorized period of stay
  • International trade in Los Angeles – E-1 visas
  • Foreign investment in Los Angeles – E-2 visas
  • Employee and family member qualifications

Talk to an immigration attorney in Los Angeles now – free

Call 323-391-3932 for help from immigration law firms in Los Angeles.