Los Angeles Citizenship Attorneys
Guiding you through the naturalization process
A person becomes a U.S. citizen at birth or through naturalization. Retain an immigration law firm that provides complete Los Angeles citizenship help, including applying to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for naturalization, preparing for the USCIS interview and test, and troubleshooting problems with your application. If applicable to your case, retain immigration attorneys in Los Angeles who can address issues involving criminal records and advise when filing for citizenship presents a risk to your current status.
Benefits of obtaining U.S. citizenship
Naturalized citizens take an oath to uphold the constitution and obey the laws of the United States and its jurisdictions. Along with these responsibilities, U.S. citizenship confers substantial benefits, including the right to:
- Vote in federal and state elections
- Apply for family members to join you in the United States
- Confer citizenship to your children
- Protect your U.S. residency
- Receive assistance from U.S. consulates and embassies
- Qualify for some government benefits
- Obtain eligibility for certain grants and scholarships
- Run for federal office
Qualifying for U.S. citizenship and procedure
Basic requirements for naturalization are that you:
- Have been a resident of the United States for the required period
- Have remained present in the United States for the required number of days
- Have good moral character
- Take an oath of your attachment to the Constitution
- Understand, speak, read and write English
If USCIS determines that you meet the basic qualifications for citizenship, an interview date will be scheduled with an officer to review your application, conduct the naturalization test and gather fingerprints for biometrics security screening.
Passing the naturalization test
Preparing for the naturalization test is an important aspect of the process. Obtain study materials and review the naturalization test with a knowledgeable Immigration lawyer in Los Angeles prior to your interview so you feel confident about passing. The naturalization test consists of four basic components that include:
- 10 civics questions
- English language oral comprehension evaluation
- English language reading test
- English language writing test
Taking the oath of citizenship
After your USCIS interview and security check, you will be scheduled for a date and place to take the naturalization oath. You become a U.S. citizen at this ceremony. To become a U.S. citizen, contact a dedicated center for professional immigration and naturalization service in Los Angeles.
Contact an immigration attorney in Los Angeles for a free consultation
Call 323-391-3932 or use the online contact form for assistance with your immigration case from a qualified lawyer near you.
Los Angeles Citizenship Attorneys
When you need Los Angeles citizenship help, including for naturalization, preparing for the USCIS interview and test, and troubleshooting problems with your application, reach out to a Los Angeles immigration law firm.
An experienced immigration lawyer in Los Angeles can help with:
- Applying to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Qualifying for U.S. citizenship and procedure
- Passing the naturalization test
- Taking the oath of citizenship
Talk to an immigration attorney in Los Angeles now – free
Call 323-391-3932 for help from immigration law firms in Los Angeles.